Friday, June 20, 2008

Mike Shocrylas, ArtDept.

Hi everyone: I had invited Mike to our Contact reception but he was unable to attend. Mike has left the Big Smoke for Calgary to return to his profession as an architect. Here is an excerpt from his return email:

I am really blown away by the quantity but not surprised at the quality of the work in the exhibition you are curating. It really shows the type of professionals and the true eye of the artist that we are dealing with on an everyday basis when we work all together on sets. The whole film community should be very proud and I would really like to better promotion nationally amongst our professionals in film.I hope the show goes well.
It is not good to hear that the film work is still dodgy in Toronto. I am sure that it has lost many talented people to other industies. Say hi to Derek- and Cameron and Charles- the list goes on! Heck, say Hello to everyone you see! I miss them all, and especially the feeling when spring comes around and the new shows come in and the doors to the shop are opened up for the first time since the fall.
Mike

You can email Mike to say hi at miroschoc@gmail.com

No comments: